By King Holmes, P. Sparling, Walter Stamm, Peter Piot, Judith Wasserheit, Lawrence Corey, Myron Cohen
The most valuable, all-in-one worldwide STD reference -- now in full-color
A Doody's center Title!
5 celebrity DOODY'S REVIEW!
"With a degree of aspect that's unequalled through the other textbook within the box of sexually transmitted ailments (STDs), this e-book is the final word reference during this region . . . absolute confidence approximately it -- this e-book is the last word source for info approximately sexually transmitted illnesses. -- Doody's assessment Service"
With a degree of aspect and clinical rigor that no different textual content can fit, Sexually Transmitted Diseases takes you thru all facets of STDs, from epidemiology to analysis and public wellbeing and fitness measures. that includes an exhilarating new full-color structure, the fourth variation of Sexually Transmitted Diseases supplies the main encyclopedic evaluate of the scientific, microbiological, and public health and wellbeing facets of STDs, together with HIV. flip to any web page, and you'll locate crucial insurance of serious new advancements in vaccines and prevention, international epidemiology, new remedies, and lots more and plenty more.
Features of the Fourth Edition:
* the final word sourcebook on STDs, with top-to-bottom assurance of all STDs and all etiologies, from micro organism to viruses and extra * state of the art insights and clinically proper views from a uncommon roster of overseas gurus in drugs, infectious ailment, and public future health * NEW! Brand-new chapters that hide: Drug Use and STDs, Cervical melanoma and STDs, Prevention of Opportunistic Infections in AIDS, being pregnant and Bacterial STDs, being pregnant and Perinatal Transmission of STDs, The position of basic Care Clinicians in coping with STDs, and STD and HIV Vaccines * NEW! attention-grabbing full-color layout with hundreds of thousands of specific illustrations that force domestic bankruptcy strategies and assist you visualize a variety of stipulations
Read or Download Sexually Transmitted Diseases (4th Edition) PDF
Similar diseases books
This microbiology laboratory guide is designed particularly for the non-majors, future health technology microbiology classes. The association displays the physique structures technique and includes particular sections on scientific prognosis. 36 routines and forty three experiments disguise a large variety of subject matters.
Actual prognosis and powerful long-term remedy or keep watch over of alimentary ailment within the puppy and cat are tricky objectives to accomplish, because of an absence of accomplished info at the particular stipulations affecting the alimentary tract including a scarcity of definitely sensible equipment of research.
This publication is a unprecedented fulfillment by means of Jonathan Halevy. To condense the cloth of 3 significant gastrointestinal textbooks will be triumph adequate, yet so as to add a distillate of the contents of ten journals, from 1980 to 1985, calls for Herculean vigour. To reorganize all of the fabric less than headings which extract concise "facts" from wheat and chaff calls for a passionate curiosity in pa tients including an figuring out of body structure.
Present facts helps using resistance education as an self sustaining way to hinder, deal with, and almost certainly opposite the effect of diverse continual ailments. With actual inactiveness one of many best chance components for international mortality, numerous around the world tasks were introduced, and resistance education is promoted through a number of firms together with the realm well-being association and the facilities for disorder regulate and Prevention.
- Hepatitis B Virus: Methods and Protocols
- New Advances in the Basic and Clinical Gastroenterology
- Endothelial Dysfunctions and Vascular Disease
- Telemanagement of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Radiation Therapy for Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Tuberculosis: A Comprehensive Clinical Reference
Additional resources for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (4th Edition)
20. Healy M. Fictions of Disease in Early Modern England. New York: Palgrave, 2001. 21. Voltaire. Candide and Other Stories. ). Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 1990. 22. Corbin A. Women for Hire: Prostitution and Sexuality in France After 1850. ). Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1990. 23. Gibson M. Prostitution and the State in Italy, 1860–1915. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 1986. 24. Brandt A. No Magic Bullet: A Social History of Venereal Disease in the United States Since 1880.
Some of this historical research has been done, but is not available in English. Pre- and postcolonial histories could elucidate a wider range of public health efforts, as well as contribute to our knowledge about how perceptions of STDs vary according to changing historical conditions in different cultures. Even within the history of Europe and the United States—a history, which fully integrates the biological and social perspectives on STDs—a social, ecological approach has yet to be fully developed.
2 Other skeletal deformations are similar to those caused by the other treponemal diseases, such as yaws and pinta, thereby making precise identification of venereal syphilis difficult. Paleopathologists have examined skeletal remains from certain sites in both the Americas and Europe prior to the late fifteenth century to see if the pattern of malformations distinctive to venereal syphilis can be found in any of the remains. The implicit assumption is that syphilis, known as the “great imitator” because of its highly variable clinical presentations, exhibited the same pattern of skeletal malformation centuries ago that it does today.