By Athol D. Abrahams, Anthony J Parsons
Encompassing geomorphology, hydrology and agricultural engineering, this gives an interdisciplinary evaluate of a subject vital in either medical And functional phrases - With the explicit target of marketing interplay among modellers, box staff and laboratory experimentalists.
Read or Download Overland Flow: Hydraulics And Erosion Mechanics PDF
Best geology books
"Physical Geodesy" by means of Heiskanen and Moritz, released in 1967, has for a very long time been regarded as the traditional creation to its box. the big development considering then, even if, required a whole transforming. whereas uncomplicated fabric can be retained different elements required a whole replace.
Earthquakes affecting city components can result in catastrophic events and probability mitigation calls for preparatory measures in any respect degrees. Structural overview is the prognosis of the seismic wellbeing and fitness of structures. evaluation is the prelude to judgements approximately rehabilitation or perhaps demolition. the dimensions of the matter in dense city settings brings a few desire for macro seismic appraisal approaches simply because huge numbers of present constructions don't comply with the elevated standards of recent earthquake codes and requirements or produce other deficiencies.
Amazonian soils are virtually universally considered super forbidding. despite the fact that, it really is now transparent that advanced societies with huge, sedentary populations have been current for over a millennium ahead of eu touch. linked to those are tracts of anomalously fertile, darkish soils termed terra preta or darkish earths.
The limits of inflexible cratons may be suffering from next orogenic occasions, resulting in 'metacratonic' features hardly safely well-known and nonetheless poorly understood. significant lithospheric thickening is absent and early occasions corresponding to ophiolites are preserved; even though, metacratonic barriers are laid low with significant shear zones, ample magmatism and mineralizations, and native high-pressure metamorphism.
- Characteristics of Geologic Materials and Formations: A Field Guide for Geotechnical Engineers
- Computational structural dynamics and earthquake engineering
- The North Atlantic Igneous Province: Stratigraphy, Tectonic, Volcanic and Magmatic Processes
- Wörterbuch der Geologie / Dictionary of Geology: Deutsch–Englisch / English–German
- Research in freshwater biology
Extra info for Overland Flow: Hydraulics And Erosion Mechanics
10) where flt is the roughness coefficient for litter and organic residue on rangelands, and fpb is the roughness coefficient for plants on rangeland areas. 10 that two of the factors contributing to hydraulic roughness of rills are the same on cropland and rangeland areas. 11) where fsi is the roughness coefficient for interrill areas. 12) Again, several of the same factors contribute to hydraulic resistance on interrill areas for both croplands and rangelands. 12 each contain four factors which may contribute to hydraulic roughness.
All of the residue materials, except pine needles and wheat, were applied at rates equivalent to 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 t ha−1. 50, 1, 2 and 4 t ha−1 . Since pine needle and wheat residue elements had smaller diameters than the other residue materials, they furnished greater surface cover at a given residue rate. 6) was obtained using the photographic grid procedure (Laflen et al. 1978) described previously. 3 Predicted vs. measured Darcy-Weisbach roughness coefficients for surfaces containing gravel and cobble materials.
Roughness coefficient Darcy-weisbach roughness coefficients for overland flow 45 measurements were made for alfalfa, cotton, sorghum and wheat. An equation was presented to relate roughness coefficients for plants on cropland to canopy height. Roughness coefficients for rangeland areas were identified using data collected during rainfall simulation tests. Optimization techniques were used by Weltz et al. (1992) to determine roughness coefficients using the rising side of runoff hydrographs. Regression equations were then identified which related roughness coefficients on rangeland areas to surface cover, canopy cover and basal plant cover.