By Peter Chalk
In March 2009, the RAND company convened a small workforce of specialists from the U.S. govt, allied associate countries, the maritime undefined, and educational corporations to debate piracy within the glossy period. contributors concluded that mitigating the advanced nature of maritime crime calls for the enter of all stakeholders--state, nationwide, deepest, and nongovernmental--and needs to include measures past the reactive deployment of naval resources.
Read or Download Countering Piracy in the Modern Era: Notes from a Rand Workshop to Discuss the Best Approaches for Dealing With Piracy in the 21st Century PDF
Best law books
Enthusiastic about prioritizing and handling the spectrum of providers for individuals with severe scientific difficulties and their households, existence care making plans has advanced into a sophisticated perform. Evolving with the sphere, this moment version of a bestseller presents a finished source for pros and shoppers who have to remedy the advanced treatment difficulties of existence care making plans.
A Treatise of criminal Philosophy and basic Jurisprudence is the first-ever multivolume remedy of the problems in criminal philosophy and common jurisprudence, from either a theoretical and a old point of view. The paintings is geared toward jurists in addition to criminal and functional philosophers. Edited by way of the popular theorist Enrico Pattaro and his crew, this ebook is a classical reference paintings that will be of significant curiosity to felony and functional philosophers in addition to to jurists and criminal student in any respect degrees.
This eye-opening quantity examines ways that non secular associations might be misused to masks unlawful monetary dealings, and steps legislation enforcement can take to wrestle those legal actions. The chapters assessment criminal rights and obligations of church buildings and the categories of loopholes which could let unscrupulous practices to flourish.
- From Black Power to Prison Power: The Making of Jones v. North Carolina Prisoners’ Labor Union
- Neurolaw: An Introduction
- Reconciling Work and Family Life in EU Law and Policy
- Legal Academics: Culture and Identities
- Legal Reform in Taiwan under Japanese Colonial Rule, 1895-1945: The Reception of Western Law
- Who gets it when you go?: wills, probate, and inheritance taxes for the Hawaii resident
Extra resources for Countering Piracy in the Modern Era: Notes from a Rand Workshop to Discuss the Best Approaches for Dealing With Piracy in the 21st Century
T. D. (1998). Varieties of deficit unawareness after brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 13(5), 1–15. , (1993). Course of insight disorder in emotion and dysfunction following closed head injury: a controlled cross sectional follow up study. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 15, 503–515. J. (1978). CT scan appearance of the brain in the normal elderly population: a correlative study. Neuroradiology, 16, 120–122. , (1990). Neuropsychological Evaluation of Head Injury.
1991). MMPI-II F and F -K. Scores of personal injury malingerers in vocational neuropsychological and emotional distress claims. American Journal of Forensic Psychology, 9(3), 5–14. , (1990). Contamination of neuropsychological testing by litigation. Forensic Reports, 3(4), 421–426. , (1989). Litigation response syndrome: how the stress of litigation confuses the issues of personal injury: family and criminal litigation. Defense Counsel Journal, 56(1), 110–114. , (1993). Neuropsychological complaint base rates of 170 personal injury claimants.
5. Comparison of the TBI client’s prediction of performance (prior to testing) on specific neuropsychological or cognitive tests with the actual test results. In this approach, the examinees are asked to predict how well they will perform on selected neuropsychological tests or tasks; these predictions are then compared to their actual test performance. Higher discrepancy scores would suggest the existence of an anosognosia. In summary, the assessment of executive functions and awareness disorders following TBI is quite complicated and can be quite difficult.