By Jean-Paul Louis
Classical synchronous cars are the simplest equipment to force business creation platforms and robots with precision and rapidity. notwithstanding, a variety of functions require effective controls in non-conventional situations.
Firstly, this is often the case with synchronous automobiles provided via thyristor line-commutated inverters, or with synchronous automobiles with faults on one or a number of phases.
Secondly, many force structures use non-conventional cars akin to polyphase (more than 3 stages) synchronous automobiles, synchronous cars with double excitation, everlasting magnet linear synchronous vehicles, synchronous and switched reluctance cars, stepping cars and piezoelectric motors.
This booklet provides effective controls to enhance using those non-conventional motors.
1. Self-controlled Synchronous Motor: rules of functionality and Simplified regulate version, Francis Labrique and François Baudart.
2. Self-controlled Synchronous Motor: Dynamic version together with the habit of Damper Windings and Commutation Overlap, Ernest Matagne.
3. Synchronous Machines in Degraded Mode, Damien Flieller, Ngac Ky Nguyen, Hervé Schwab and man Sturtzer.
4. regulate of the Double-star Synchronous computer provided by means of PWM Inverters, Mohamed Fouad Benkhoris.
5. Vectorial Modeling and regulate of Multiphase Machines with Non-salient Poles provided by means of an Inverter, Xavier Kestelyn and Éric Semail.
6. Hybrid Excitation Synchronous Machines, Nicolas Patin and Lionel Vido.
7. complex keep an eye on of the Linear Synchronous Motor, Ghislain Remy and Pierre-Jean Barre.
8. Variable Reluctance Machines: Modeling and keep an eye on, Mickael Hilairet, Thierry Lubin and Abdelmounaïm Tounzi.
9. keep watch over of the Stepping Motor, Bruno Robert and Moez Feki .
10. keep an eye on of Piezoelectric Actuators, Frédéric Giraud and Betty Lemaire-Semail.
Read Online or Download Control of Non-conventional Synchronous Motors PDF
Similar machinery books
This textbooks demonstrates the appliance of software program instruments in fixing a sequence of difficulties from the sector of designing energy procedure buildings and structures. It includes 4 chapters: the 1st bankruptcy leads the reader via the entire levels helpful within the techniques of laptop aided modeling and simulation.
An absolutely illustrated reference ebook giving an easy-to-understand creation to compliant mechanismsA extensive compilation of compliant mechanisms to provide idea and suggestions to these drawn to utilizing compliant mechanisms of their designs, the instruction manual of Compliant Mechanisms contains portraits and outlines of many compliant mechanisms.
Targeting uncomplicated lubrication difficulties this e-book deals particular engineering purposes. The ebook introduces tools and courses for an important lubrication difficulties and their strategies. it's divided into 4 elements. the 1st half is set the final fixing equipment of the Reynolds equation, together with suggestions of Reynolds equations with diversified stipulations and their discrete varieties, resembling a steady-state incompressible slider, magazine bearing, dynamic bearing, fuel bearing and grease lubrication.
- Machine Learning: A Bayesian and Optimization Perspective
- Grease Lubrication in Rolling Bearings
- Integrated Reliability: Condition Monitoring and Maintenance of Equipment
- Handbook of MacHining and Metalworking Calculations
- Hydropower Economics
- Surfactants in Tribology
Additional resources for Control of Non-conventional Synchronous Motors
9, that was defined with respect to the magnetic axis of phase a. 1] Dynamic Model of a Self-controlled Synchronous Motor 35 where θem is the electric position of the rotor. 10, neglecting overlap angle μ enables us to well-define the armature circuit at each moment: it consists of the anti-series connection of the two stator windings in which current flows. This circuit is completely defined for each value of rotor electric position θem, by position ρS of the fictitious brushes. This is no longer the case if we consider an overlap angle μ other than zero.
Vectorial diagram linking the fundamental components of voltages and currents We can then link the firing instants of the thyristors to the electrical position of the rotor. ] . 14 Control of Non-conventional Synchronous Motors The positions of the rotor corresponding to the firing of the other thyristors can easily be inferred from that of Ta1 , considering that: − the firing of Tb1 and Tc1 are respectively shifted by 2π / 3 and 4π / 3 with respect to those of Ta1 ; − the firing of Ta 2 is shifted by π with respect to those of Ta1 ; − the firing of Tb 2 and Tc2 are respectively shifted by 2π / 3 and 4π / 3 with respect to those of Ta 2 .
The choice of these functions is arbitrary in a way. 2]. 2. Choice of the expression of Nk In this chapter, we will choose functions Nk so that the currents ik, when computed with the approximations introduced in Chapter 1 to study commutations, can be exactly represented with the help of functions Nk. These approximations are that current I at the input of the bridge that supplies the motor (armature current) is constant (infinite inductance in series with the supply), that the resistances of the damper windings are negligible and that steady-state operation is established.